Gloria Victis, a medieval world at war is the first game where players can take on the role of an entire nation. Players can level up their faction to craft distinctive weapons and buildings that are only available in that particular region. With no central servers or moderators, Gloria Victis focuses on skill-based gameplay with realistic combat mechanics.,
Gloria Victis is a sandbox MMORPG that has been in development for a while. The game is set in a medieval world at war, and the developers have been working hard to make it as realistic as possible.
Hello everyone, and thank you to mmorpg for putting this focus on Gloria Victis and allowing us to share her with you. Some of you may have heard of or even played GV before! We’re delighted to have you here. Thank you for your continuing support!
What is Gloria Victis, and who is she?
Gloria Victis is a persistent medieval open-world MMORPG featuring a player-run economy, skill-based combat, significant crafting, and considerable character advancement. In both PvP and PvE, choose one of three historically inspired countries, join or start a guild, and acquire honor, resources, and money.
- Shieldman, archer, assassin, skirmisher, infantry, medic, melee cavalry, ranged cavalry, and siege engineer are some examples of possible builds. Spend your attribute and ability points anyway you’d like to make a one-of-a-kind fighter. There are no pre-made lessons, so you may mix and match as you choose.
- Wear a variety of light, medium, and heavy armor and utilize over a dozen accurate medieval weaponry such as daggers, bardiches, and claymores. Oh, and we’ve also introduced Throwing Weapons!
- Make your own content by marching or riding out for open-field battles. With allies, capture forts, resource regions, and outposts.
- Weapon forging, Armorsmithing, Cooking and Alchemy, Tailoring and Leatherworking, Farming and Forestry, Fishing, Archaeology, Mining, Smelting, and Disassembly are some of the crafts and skills that may be improved.
- Catapults, trebuchets, flamethrowers, boiling oil, ballistae, battering rams, and a lot of fire are used in siege warfare.
- Seasonal rankings for 1v1 duels, guild competition, and Glory are available. Win gold and championships!
- Participate in our daily PvP events and developer-hosted 5v5 tournaments.
- As your name spreads throughout the region, both friends and adversaries will remember you.
- Build up your guild’s membership, reputation, and fortune. Guild provinces are captured, managed, and built.
- Take control of the market and build up player-run booths to purchase and sell items.
- Upgrade cities to make them more resistant to sieges. At guild provinces, you may freely construct your own castle design.
- Take on PvE challenges ranging from solo narrative missions to raids as part of a group global event.
- Relax and unwind by taming and training horses, playing dice, camping, engaging in a friendly joust, or achieving goals.
Each of these areas has a server:
- Americas, North and South
- New Zealand/Asia
Are you ready to start playing? Are you on the fence?
Until November 15th, Gloria Victis is completely free to play! Immerse yourself in a world of massive medieval PvP battle and a full player-run economy. On the Gloria Victis Free Test option, click the “Request Access” button.
A gatehouse door is being burned and smashed down.
Here are some media resources for you!
Take a look at this collection of screenshots from various activities.
Also, here’s a visual representation of everything you can accomplish with GV!
Here’s a video that shows how it’s done.
(The battle in this video has been slowed down significantly to display detail.)
The Black Eye Games team in Poland is working on Gloria Victis. Since June of 2016, it has been available on Steam. As a result, our community has seen each stage of the process, patch after patch. Players have a lot of involvement and are an important source of feedback, and roughly half of the development staff was recruited directly from the community. We just acquired another small firm, increasing the total number of developers on the team to 25.
Every week, Gloria Victis is updated. We’re getting close to our 300th weekly update!
We’re now in open beta, with a full launch on the horizon. In that time, the game’s performance, features, and content have vastly increased, but the primary concept has remained the same: to give fun, thrilling PvP with MMO-style character advancement in an immersive, hand-crafted open environment.
We’re excited to share that we’re shooting for a complete release in Q1 2022!
Model of payment
Gloria Victis has been hired by a Supporter business to perform. There isn’t a subscription model in place. The Supporter store sells cosmetic skins, account services like character name changes, and small convenience goods like XP boosts and inventory space unlocks, all of which may be earned in game with Contribution Points or purchased with in-game cash. In our skill-based PvP game, we are adamantly opposed to any type of pay to win, and we are sensitive to player views of fairness.
Combat based on skill
GV combat is comparable to Mount and Blade, Life is Feudal, Chivalry, and Last Oasis in that it is a directed action fighting. Choosing the correct weapon for the task, as well as location, timing, and keeping an eye on your opponent, all add to your expertise. It’s your weapon, intelligence, and reaction speed that keep you in the battle in active combat.
Left swing, right swing, overhead, and stab, as well as equivalent directional blocking, are all combat movements. Kicking, chambering (parrying), shield bashing, and throwing are all options. Aiming in archery is also skill-based.
Fight for control of the flag atop the bastion.
To take out an archer, this is a fantastic throw.
Check out this open world battle video in its entirety.
PvP in the Open World
Stoneholm’s persistent world.
Nation-controlled sites may be found on the outside ring, while Guild Provinces and certain free-standing flags can be found on the inner ring.
The outdoor ring is available for PvP battles 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. These are joined together to provide the impression of being on the “front line,” and quick transit is restricted.
Outside of guild combat, the central landmass is primarily loot-enabled, with high-tier resources, events, and prizes, allowing for a lot of wandering PvP and PvE action.
At specific times of day, nine guild fortresses in the center may be assaulted. A War will be sparked the next day if the assault is successful. All guild castles are located in loot-enabled zones, with resource areas nearby where minor fights occur on a regular basis. Aside from the server capacity, there are no restrictions on how many players from each country may participate in the wars (around 500 and growing). You can bring an army if you can raise one. It’s possible that all three countries will turn up!
Is PvP a must-have?
You’ll have to combat other gamers at some time. This is a territory-based game in which almost any location on the map may be assaulted, and events are set up to promote nation-to-nation fighting. People are free to traverse the area seeking for conflicts and flags to capture. You have the freedom to choose when and where you join and interact, and you may feel secure inside the confines of your country’s borders. Depending on where the action is presently taking place, a lot of questing, crafting, collecting, and lifeskilling may be done in relative or full safety.
One group with whom you will not have to contend is your own country. They are unquestionably your buddies.
Is PvE distinct from PvP?
No. Quests and PvE events are open world, which means that any event or place on your map is visible to other countries and accessible to them (your quests are not visible to anyone except you). Always be on the lookout for a battle.
We’re concentrating on expanding the game’s PvE content without sacrificing the game’s PvP action’s accessibility, attraction, and utility.
We have no plans to implement instanced PvE raids in the way of World of Warcraft, with hour-long dungeons or monsters needing a certain party composition, gearscores, attunements, or anything like that. You won’t be required to view a film before being “authorized” to attend an event.
We want to introduce more solo, small-scale, and crafter/lifeskill-oriented activities, and we’re always refining AI to make sure it’s just perfect, not a faceroll. With Brandon, Ragi, Sirius, Temple of Doom, and others, we now have some fairly big global PvE events. You’ll need a group to tackle each event’s unique dynamics, as well as a few individuals to keep an eye out for opportunistic foes. PvE is something we like to think of as stuff you can accomplish with whomever is around at any moment, maybe even on your way to something else, like raiding an opposing guild castle storehouse.
Looting by players
We have a loot mechanism that is only partially functional. Warzones (partial loot), non-loot, and safe zones, as well as an account-wide safe depot, are available (bank). To a significant extent, players may determine their level of risk. We believe that the risk levels, as well as the restricted looting, provide a decent mix of choice, danger, and reward.
The looting regulation for Warzones may be found HERE. We believe it’s an excellent method to provide the winner a trophy without harming the experience, enjoyment, or advancement of the other players.
Is this going to be a zergfest?
We try hard to strike a balance between the sensation of a truly open-world, player-created content experience with huge and tiny warbands wandering the lands and the reality that countries aren’t always equal in numbers or skill level, and that type of imbalance isn’t entertaining for zergers or zerged. To that aim, we have a number of mechanisms in place, some of which automatically respond to changing circumstances in order to maintain a level playing field. Ask away in the comments if you really want to dig into the weeds with me about it!
Keep an eye on the gatehouse!
What sets Gloria Victis apart?
- PvP battles in the medieval era en masse. No other game brings together such a large number of real-life gamers on a single battlefield as GV does, together with siege equipment, horses, and castle demolition.
- There are no prerequisites for gear scores. You’ll never be thrown out of a group because you have the “wrong” build or a low gear score.
- There are no daily grinds for a specific currency or other items that can only be obtained via daily grinds. We have daily, but they are intended to reward you for doing what you already want to do for a currency that you can earn in a variety of ways, not only via dailies, and not to force you to do a mission that has no bearing on your life.
- As material is “tacked” on, there is no gear treadmill with new gear replacing old gear every several months. Our five levels of gear are still as strong and attractive as they’ve always been. Because we don’t want “top tier” to indicate “OP tier,” the difference between t4 and t5 gear is around 1 to 2 hits of greater protection. You won’t be able to win only on the strength of your equipment.
- There are no dead zones from previous missions or expansions. Content is always helpful and relevant, and it is never discarded. The current map has been updated with fresh features, making the whole area seem more alive.
- An economy controlled by actual people. Materials deteriorate, things are used in the construction and supply of towns, armor and weapons deteriorate with use, respawn rates (even fish!) are carefully maintained, crops take time to develop and harvest, and even meals must be consumed fresh for the optimum results. That implies you can’t simply create a bunch of food and sell it for the following two weeks, and scarcity exists.
- Medieval society. Guilds, coalitions, and governments build networks to protect, defend, and extend their territories while also equipping and training their people. A nice shoulder-to-shoulder mud brawl brings people together like nothing else! It matters who is guarding the gate, manning a ballista, or healing friends. It is YOUR triumph if they succeed. Without artisans crafting their weapons and armor, those combatants would be in tatters.
- There are no restrictions on how many crafting or collecting professions you may level up. You may do as much as you want!
What does the future have in store for us?
As we get closer to our Q1 2022 release, we’ll keep providing weekly updates. Every update includes community-suggested QoL items, repairs, and implementation features, all of which are debated and voted on by the community. We’re also working on increasing server capacity and improving performance.
We’re thrilled to be able to share these new features with you first!
- Two new Valley of Death Tournament maps have been released, each having cross-server registration. The tournament is a Battleground-style competition that takes place every few hours. We’ve only had one map up until now.
- Elephants have a new cooperative event (hmm, maybe it has anything to do with the festive spirit?).
- The guild castle sieges mechanism in State of War has been updated.
- The Mining and Farming systems, as well as other trades and talents, have been updated.
- Improvements to the user interface.
Are you ready to fight beside us on the battlefield?
Until November 15th, Gloria Victis is completely free to play! Realize your fantasy of massive medieval PvP battle and a player-driven economy! On the “Join the free test” option, click the “Request Access” button.
Do you want to learn more?
Gloria Victis is a Steam-based MMORPG.
Please join us on Discord.
Thank you for stopping over to have a look at our game! I’ll catch up with you in the comments!
Adventure is on the way!
Are you looking for PC games to play? Here are all of the new PC games to keep an eye on in 2021.
The pace of PlayStation 4 game releases isn’t going to slow down in 2021. Here’s everything to look forward to in the coming months.
Gloria Victis is a free-to-play MMO RPG in which players take on the role of soldiers fighting in a medieval world at war. It has been in development for over 3 years and has received mixed reviews from critics. Reference: gloria victis worth it reddit.
- gloria victis 2021
- is gloria victis worth playing
- gloria victis reddit
- gloria victis forums
- medieval mmorpg 2020